We’re really excited to announce that we’re on the hunt for summer engineering interns here at Administrate. Our internship program is something we take a lot of pride in, and over the last two years we’ve had a stellar group show up as soon as their university classes are out for a summer filled with learning, hard work, and fun.
Work Hard, Work Smart, Work Well
Our summer internship program is designed like no other program you’ll encounter. You’ll be treated like a “real” employee from your first day, expected to produce valuable work, and really be able to experience what it’s like to work at a fast pace, quickly growing software startup. You won’t be on your own, however, as our 12 week program includes extensive training and educational opportunities that range from weekly book clubs that cover required reading to lectures by expert speakers and selected movies about our industry. This will be the hardest challenge you’ve ever had, but it will also be the most rewarding.
In order to land a spot on our internship program, you’ll need the following:
- Eligibility to work in the United Kingdom (internship visas for non-European Union students are available, but will require planning)
- Completion of your first and second year of university, in a computer science or engineering degree OR demonstrated proficiency with the programming languages and tools we require.
- Availability to complete the full 12 week program (longer than 12 weeks is OK) with no more than 2-3 days of absences in total.
- Familiarity with at least one scripting language (e.g. Python, Ruby, Perl, or PHP), basic HTML and CSS knowledge, and SQL.
- A teachable attitude and an intense desire to learn and improve.
- Excellent oral and written English language skills.
- For those seeking academic credit for this internship, we will work with your university to help complete any required paperwork, onsite visits, or other requirements.
- These are paid internships - we will pay you the UK minimum wage on a 40 hours per week contract.
- We do not reimburse for housing or travel.
How to Apply
To apply, please visit our jobs page, and complete the application form. A well written, tailored cover letter is strongly recommended, and it’s imperative that you follow the instructions you receive subsequently to the letter.