Please Note: This is part of a series of posts about our New Marketing System for Administrate. Our goal is to help training companies get more students booked onto more courses, without breaking the bank or talking to a techie! For more about how Administrate helps you market your course offerings, click here.
Keeping your students up to date on new course offerings, last minute deals, or a regulars newsletter can introduce a lot of administrative burden. Managing email and marketing lists is often a challenge for any business, but it can be made especially difficult for a training company that's running several different types of courses, each with its own mailing lists.
Many of the training companies that use Administrate manage several types of email marketing lists:
- Newsletters - sent to past training recipients or customers.
- Prospects - potential customers who might be interested in some of the training offered.
- Instructors - keeping instructors up to date on new course offerings or instruction opportunities.
- Special Deals - when courses aren't fully booked or late cancellations happen, a "Special Last Minute Deal" mailing list can be a great way to fill those last few course places.
Managing all these lists can be cumbersome if you don't have a training management system like Administrate. Our marketing system will help you keep track of the emails you send and save you time in the process.
Easily Manage Your Marketing Lists
Say goodbye to mail merges! Create a marketing list using our powerful filtering system, or by importing a list of emails from a CSV. Want to email everyone that attended your health and safety courses last year? Simply build the filter and assign to a marketing list. After you've visited a health and safety conference, you can take a CSV list of the new contacts you've made and import it straight into Administrate!
Why Use an Email Service Provider?
An Email Service Provider (ESP) is a crucial tool in your marketing arsenal for several reasons:
- Better deliverability. Email Service Providers have agreements with major email providers to help you avoid spam filters, blacklists, and other potential gotchas that come when using your own email to send communications.
- Built for Bulk. Your normal email address and email provider won't let you mass mail a large list of recipients, and even if they do, it can be a pain! Email Service Providers like Mailchimp are built for bulk email operations.
- Quality Metrics and Reporting. Email Service Providers provide you detailed stats on who received, opened, and clicked on your email campaign. This is invaluable for understanding how to improve. Many also provide "A/B Testing" services which let you try out different subject lines for your emails and choose the best performing one!
- Easier to Use. Crafting an email that looks good in all email clients is really difficult, even for professionals. Email service providers help you by providing themes that will look good and make it easy to send to your contacts!
Administrate is currently tightly integrated with MailChimp, a leading email service provider that even provides a free plan! Simply sign up for MailChimp and provide us your API Key, and Administrate and your Mailchimp account will be linked. If you don't use MailChimp, don't worry, we're working on supporting others. Let us know which ones you'd like to see integrated!
Tracking Opens, Clicks, and Unsubscribes
When you're ready to send an email, you'll select the marketing list to send to, synchronise it with MailChimp, and send the email. After the email is sent, you can synchronise the mailing campaign statistics and view them within Administrate! These stats will be crucial data points for your ongoing marketing campaigns.
Remember - No SPAM!
Last but not least, remember that unsolicited email is SPAM. You'll need to make sure you've got consent from your recipients prior to mailing them in order to avoid contributing to everyone's favourite digital nuisance.